A transition house is often associated with a halfway house. And, that’s how we started back in 1993. We began as a traditional halfway house which provided substance abuse treatment and transitional housing for men. The purpose of the halfway house was to help those struggling with alcohol or drug abuse, and to help them become members of society.
However, through the years of growth, we have discovered that a transition house is more than a halfway house. A transition house does much more than provide substance abuse treatment for men. So, what is a transition house exactly?
A transition house provides a variety of services to all members of the community. These services include:
- Behavioral Health Care
- Therapy sessions for children
- Individual and group therapy sessions for adults
- Psychiatric mediation management
- Psychiatric and psychological evaluations
- Veteran Services
- PTSD diagnosis and support
- Substance Abuse treatment
- Men's Residential Programs
- Case management
- Individual and group counseling
- Psycho-educational groups
- Assistance with job placement
- 12 Step Recovery Groups
- Re-entry Programs
- Recovery treatment for substance abuse and criminal behavior
As you can see, a transition house is here to help all of those who need it. And, here at the The Transition House, Inc., we have created this new blog to help all of those who need it as well. Each week, we will be providing answers to some of the most common questions, and some new questions, about behavioral health care.